Turn to warm, comfortable, and filling food when the weather gets cold. Honouring vegetables that are in season, this no-fuss recipe boasts delectable flavours.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 5 whole garlic cloves, skin on
- 3 large kohlrabi
- 3 large beets
- 3 medium parsnips
- 2 medium carrots
- 56 g / 1/4 cup Crystal margarine
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 g / 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 3 g / 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400℉ (200℃). While the oven is heating, wrap garlic cloves in a small square of tin foil and place in oven to roast for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables by peeling and cutting them into approximately 3/4 inch (2 centimetres) pieces.
- Remove garlic from oven and allow to cool. In a small bowl melt Crystal margarine in the microwave. Squeeze roasted garlic from their skins and add to Crystal margarine along with lemon juice and chili flakes; lightly mash mixture with a fork.
- Toss together vegetables with the Crystal margarine mixture. Place on a baking sheet lined with tin foil or parchment paper lined. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes or until vegetables are easily pierced with a paring knife.
- If possible purchase kohlrabi with unblemished leaves and stems attached – they can be chopped up and cooked with the garlic roasted root vegetables or sautéed at another time.