This gluten-free is the perfect way to get pizza and a few servings of vegetables into anyone’s breakfast. Add some protein with a fried egg, or add in a few extra cheeses for flavour.
Yield: 4 personal pizzas
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 g / 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 5 ml / 1 tsp lemon juice
- 40 g / 3 tbsp Crystal margarine, melted
- 100 g / 2 cups baby spinach
- 50 g / 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- Peel potatoes and carrots. Coarsely grate them on a box grater. Add a pinch of salt, toss, and leave for 5 minutes. Squeeze potato and carrot mixture to remove excess water.
- Add melted Crystal margarine and 1/2 tsp salt to the potato mix; toss to coat. Meanwhile, mix the mustard, lemon juice, and sliced red onion. Set aside.
- Divide the potato mixture into four even piles on a lined baking sheet. Arrange into round disks and press down flat.
- Roast for 35 minutes, until the potato “crusts” are golden and crispy around edges.
- Remove from oven. Add baby spinach to the red onions and toss to coat. Pile the spinach and pickled onions on top of the crusts. Crumble feta on top of each pizza and serve warm.