Banana, oats and chocolate are a classic combination. Here they are combined together in a bar form packed with balanced energy to get you through the morning. Choose chia or flax seeds to add extra fibre and nutrients to your bars!
375 g / 3 cups all purpose flour
2 g / 1 tsp baking soda
1 g /1/4 tsp salt
112 g / 1/2 cup Crystal Margarine
380 g / 2 cups brown sugar
4 large eggs
10 ml / 2 tsp vanilla extract
4 Bananas, mashed
310 g / 2 cup rolled oats, regular or quick cooking
20 g / 2 tbsp chia or flax seeds (optional)
220 g / 1 cup chocolate chips
8 g / 2 tsp Cinnamon
1 g / 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Line an 10” × 15” baking pan with parchment and Crystal Margarine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, chocolate chips, seeds, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the Crystal margarine, bananas, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract for approximately 3 minutes.
- Fold in the dry mixture, just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, using a spatula to smooth it into an even layer. Sprinkle the top with some extra oats, seeds and chocolate chips.
- Bake the bars for 18-21 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bars comes out clean and the top springs back when lightly pressed.
- Allow the pan to cool completely, then cut into serving size bars, approximately 18 large bars can be cut from the tray.
- Serve them immediately or wrap them individually and store in the freezer, pulling bars to defrost overnight so they are ready to go out the door in the morning.
- If you can’t find chia seeds, use flax, sesame or even cooked quinoa. It adds moisture, fibre, protein and a lot of essential vitamins.