For mornings when you crave something savoury, try these fajita bundles bursting with fresh vegetables and scrambled eggs. Wrap the bottom half with parchment paper and you have a travelling breakfast of champions.
60 g / 1⁄4 cup Crystal Margarine
1 Red bell pepper, seeds removed, cut into 1⁄2” strips
1 Yellow bell pepper, seeds removed cut, into 1⁄2” strips
1 Spanish onion, sliced
1 Garlic clove, minced
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
4 Whole wheat 8” or 10” tortillas
120 g / 1 cup Grated cheddar cheese
6 large Eggs
Pinch of salt and pepper
- In a large, non-stick frying pan, melt 1⁄4 cup Crystal Margarine over medium-high heat.
- Add the diced tomatoes, onions, peppers, and garlic to the pan. Reduce the heat to medium and cook the vegetables until they are soft and just starting to brown.
- While the vegetables are cooking, crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk them with a fork. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Once the vegetables are soft and caramelized, season to taste with salt. Reduce the heat to low and add the whisked eggs.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir the eggs gently until they are almost cooked. Turn off the heat, sprinkle in the grated cheese, and allow the residual heat from the pan to melt the cheese and finish cooking the eggs.
- Lay out four whole wheat tortillas and divide the eggs and vegetables amongst them.
- Starting in front of you, fold up the bottom fourth of a tortilla. Next, fold the left third to the centre, then the right third over top of the left. Repeat with the remaining three tortillas.