Coffee with butter has become a darling of the hot beverage world recently, taking coffee shops by storm. This recipe takes the beverage in a fun direction by adding stout and a splash of whiskey. Enjoy it in a pint glass with good company!
Makes: two 1/2 cup portions
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 50 ml / 3 tbsp cold whipping cream
- 30 g / 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 15 g / 1 tbsp Crystal margarine
- 50 ml / 4 tbsp whiskey, preferably Irish
- 60 ml / 1/4 cup freshly brewed coffee
- Irish stout to top
- Make a fresh pot of brewed coffee.
- Whip cream until peaks form, reserve in the fridge until needed.
- Fill heatproof glasses with boiled water to heat them, and discard water once the drink is ready to pour.
- Put brown sugar and margarine in a heat-proof container (such as a Pyrex measuring cup) and cook on high for one minute. Mix until all sugar is dissolved.
- Pour coffee and whiskey into the margarine and sugar mixture, mix well.
- Pour into warmed heatproof glasses and top with stout, leaving enough room for the cream.
- Top with a healthy dollop of cream.
- If you choose to use a piping bag for your whipped cream, create a seal on the glass by filling in a circular motion from the outside.