Get through even the worst of midday hunger pangs with these protein-rich bite-sized snacks. With a decadent burst of chocolate, you’ll feel like you’re eating dessert.
Makes: 12 pieces
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- 110 g / 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 g / 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 g / 1 tsp cinnamon
- 150 g / 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 140 g / 2/3 cups protein powder
- 78 ml / 1/3 maple syrup
- 43 g / 3 tbsp Crystal margarine
- 50 ml / 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- In a food processor, pour in the pecans and salt. Process until you have a smooth butter texture.
- Add the oats, protein powder, maple syrup, and Crystal margarine, and process until smooth.
- Roll mixture into balls with your hands.
- Place chocolate in microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted. Dip half of each ball into the chocolate and set in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Keep in airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Try toasting the nuts beforehand to add an extra layer of flavour to these protein balls.