Some days, there is nothing better than sinking your teeth into a juicy tomato sandwich. We’ve altered the classic – bread and tomato – sandwich, adding more flavour with cheese and avocado. This sandwich is a must-try.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 sandwiches
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 130 g / 1 heirloom or Ontario hothouse tomato
- 230 g / 1 avocado
- 113 g / 4 oz cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 56 g / 4 tbsp Crystal margarine
- salt and pepper
- Start by cutting your heirloom tomato and avocado into thin slices. Set aside.
- Heat up a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Rub Crystal margarine directly onto the skillet and add two slices of bread to the pan.
- Toast for a couple of minutes until golden brown, then remove the bread slices. Keeping in mind that the sides we just browned will face on the inside, build your sandwich by first adding the sliced cheese, then the tomato, and then the avocado. Season with salt and pepper.
- Repeat with second sandwich.
- Add another layer of cheese, and add the other slice of bread. Add more Crystal margarine to the skillet and brown the sandwich on each side for about 3 minutes, until both sides are golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- If you don’t have sourdough bread, feel free to use your favourite multigrain or rye bread