A holiday classic, this decadent chocolate fudge is perfect for making in large batches and sharing with friends and family.
Makes: 24 pieces
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons Mirage Margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease an 8×8 inch baking pan or line it with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar, cocoa, and milk in a medium saucepan. Stir to blend, then bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer. Do not stir again.
- Place candy thermometer in pan and cook until temperature reaches 216°F (102°C). If you are not using a thermometer, cook until a drop of this mixture in a cup of cold water forms a soft ball. Feel the ball with your fingers to make sure it is the right consistency. It should flatten when pressed between your fingers.
- Remove from heat. Add margarine and vanilla extract. Beat with a wooden spoon until the fudge loses its sheen.
- Pour into prepared pan and let cool for 30 minutes. Cut into about 24 squares.
- For a festive version of the rich dessert, stir in two teaspoons of peppermint extract to the mix when you remove it from the heat.