Everyone loves a loaded baked potato because you get to make them your own (and they’re delicious!). Pretty much any ingredient is usable as potatoes are such a neutral base for every flavour. So have fun!
Cook time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 potatoes
For the baked potatoes
- 8 baking potatoes, washed and scrubbed
- 56 g / 1/4 cup Crystal Margarine
- 56 g / 1/4 cup Crystal Margarine for dotting potatoes at the end
- 6 g / 1 tsp salt
- cracked pepper to taste
For the topping
- 227 g / 1 cup prepared guacamole
- 284 g / 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 454 g / 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 bunch green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch fresh dill, roughly chopped
- hot sauce to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Prick each potato with a fork 2 to 3 times.
- Toss the potatoes in margarine, salt, and pepper.
- Bake on a baking pan for 1.5 to 2 hours or until a knife can penetrate the potato softly.
- Once they’re cooked, let them sit for 5 to 10 minutes until they’re just cool enough to handle.
- Deeply score each potato both lengthwise and widthwise.
- Using your index finger and thumbs, gently pinch and push the corners of each potato to mash and fluff the cooked centres out of the potato.
- Drop a bit of margarine into the centre of each potato and garnish with the above toppings to taste.
- Serve immediately.
- For tex-mex potatoes: top with a dollop of guacamole, a little drizzle of Sriracha or taco sauce, and a sprinkle of chives or green onions.
- For “loaded baked potatoes”: top with a teeny dollop of mayo or sour cream, a sprinkle of dill and chives, and black pepper.
- For Mexican style: jalapeno, Mexican tex-mex spice, corn, and beans.
- For French style (salade nicoise): tomatoes, fresh avocado, black olives, green beans, and pickled mushrooms.