Avocados are a creamy fruit full of healthy, skin-brightening fats. Mash them with a little citrus, fresh garlic, and Crystal Margarine, and you have a spread that keeps for several days.
120 g / 1⁄2 cup Crystal Margarine, plus extra for spreading on the bread
2 large Avocados, ripe
2 cloves Garlic, finely minced
2 large Limes, juiced
2 g / 1 tsp Salt
1 g / 1⁄2 tbsp Ground black pepper
4 fresh Whole wheat bagels
- Add the Crystal Margarine, peeled and pitted avocado (keep the pits), and garlic to a blender. Pulse the ingredients until the avocado begins to break up.
- Once the avocado is broken down into smaller pieces, hold down the blend button and purée until smooth.
- Once the spread is smooth, leave the blender on and slowly stream in the lime juice, allowing it to fully incorporate.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Store the spread in a container with the avocado pits. Press plastic wrap against its surface to prevent air from turning the avocado brown. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Toast a bagel and spread on as much avocado spread as you like.