Having pasta for dinner? Or maybe just looking for a cheesy snack? Grab a loaf of bread, fill it with garlic margarine and cheese, then bake until warm and gooey.
250 gm / 1 cup Mirage Margarine
30 gm / 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
6 gm / 1 tbsp Oregano, Dried
120 gm / ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated (have extra for topping)
2 gm / 1 tsp Black Pepper, ground
120 gm / 1 cup Mozzarella, grated
1 Loaf Fresh Bread
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F(200°C).
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the Mirage Margarine with the minced garlic, oregano, salt and pepper, with an electric mixer for 3 minutes.
- Slice the loaf of bread ¾ of the way down from the top, but not all the way through. Make the slices about ½” wide.
- Spread the garlic margarine mixture on each side of the slices.
- Between each slice sprinkle some of the grated mozzarella.
- Place the loaf on a lined baking sheet, squeezing the loaf together.
- Spread the top of the loaf with more Mirage Margarine, and sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese. There is no such thing as too much cheese with this loaf.
- Place the loaf in the oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until the top is golden and the center is hot with cheese oozing out the sides.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly, before eating. The cheese will be hot when first removed from the oven.
- Try mixing in any combination of cheeses, fresh herbs and spices.
- Some like it spicy, so try adding crushed chili flakes to the margarine spread.
- Serve this as one large loaf, or try using Pain au Lait buns to make individual cheesy snack buns.