Almonds are a great protein-rich snack, but sometimes they have a dry texture, and their flavour can become routine. These addictive clusters make snacking on almonds new and exciting with the addition of Crystal Margarine and brown sugar.
115 g / 1⁄2 cup Crystal Margarine, melted
150 g / 3⁄4 cup Brown sugar
100 g / 1 cup Almonds, slivered
40 g / 1⁄4 cup Almond flour
120 g / 3⁄4 cup Rice flour
Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 325°F(160°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, slivered almonds, almond flour, rice flour, and salt.
- Pour the melted Crystal Margarine into the dry ingredients. Begin kneading the mixture with your hands until it resembles a shortbread dough.
- Break the crumble into bite-sized pieces. Spread across a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the clusters are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before storing the clusters in an airtight container.