This gluten-free recipe is the perfect way to get pizza and a few servings of vegetables into anyone’s breakfast.
Makes: 4 personal pizzas
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35-45 minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 g / 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 5 ml / 1 tsp lemon juice
- 40 g / 3 tbsp Crystal margarine, melted
- 100 g / 2 cups baby spinach
- 50 g / 1/4 cup feta cheese
- salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Peel potatoes and carrots; coarsely grate them on a box grater. Add a pinch of salt, toss and leave for 5 minutes. Squeeze potato and carrot mixture to remove excess water. Add Crystal margarine and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the potato mix; toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, mix the mustard, lemon juice and sliced red onion, set aside.
- Divide the potato mixture into four even piles on a lined baking sheet. Arrange into round disks and press down flat.
- Roast for 35 minutes, or until the potato “crusts” are golden and crispy around edges.
- Once potato crusts are golden remove from oven. Add baby spinach to the red onions and toss to coat. Pile the spinach & pickled onions on top of the crusts. Crumble feta on top of each pizza and serve while warm.
- Add some protein with a fried egg, or add in a few extra cheeses for extra flavour.