These little brownies may be gluten-free and gone in just two bites, but trust us when we say that they’ll cure any craving.
Makes: 24 two-bite brownies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 180 g / 1 ¼ cups whole hazelnuts
- 60 g / 3 tbsp Mirage margarine
- 354 ml / 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree (canned or cooked and cooled)
- 16 g / 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 g / 1 tsp baking soda
- 60 g / ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 4 g / 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 g / 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 168 g / 1 cup gluten-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 24 piece mini muffin pan with extra margarine.
- In a food processor, pulse the hazelnuts and 3 tablespoons of margarine for 4-5 minutes, or until the mixture is smooth and spreadable.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the hazelnut mixture with the pumpkin, cocoa, baking soda, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Mix until well combined.
- Add egg and mix until just combined.
- Spoon batter into the greased pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top before baking
- Bake for 25 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through baking.
- Cool on wire rack before serving.
- Feel free to substitute hazelnuts for your favourite nut, like almond or pistachio.