Trying new things in the kitchen is what we’re all about at Crystal! This recipe for Green Tofu Curry is a welcome change of pace in our kitchen. Serve this lively dish on its own, or over rice and noodles. Either way, it’s bound to spice up your life in no time.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 56 g / 1/4 cup Crystal margarine, divided
- 150 g / 1 medium onion, diced
- 200 g / 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 200 g / 1 medium yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 180 g / 2 medium carrots, julienned into 2 inch (5 cm) strips
- 10 g / 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 130 g / 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 30 – 60 g / 2 – 4 tbsp green curry paste
- 480 ml / 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 398 ml / 14 fl. oz. can coconut milk
- 350 g / 1 package extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2 inch (1.25 centimetre) pieces
- 2 tsp/ 10 ml soy sauce
- 8 g / 2 tsp brown sugar, packed
- 12 g / 1/2 cup chopped basil leaves
- 11 g / 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 15 ml / 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 g / 2 tsp lime zest
- Melt 2 tablespoons (28 grams) of Crystal margarine in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and carrot and cook until softened; about 5 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and cook another 5 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a plate.
- In the same skillet, melt 1 tablespoon (14 grams) of Crystal margarine over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until they are golden and release their juices, about 7 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons (30 grams) curry paste and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the cooked vegetables, stock, coconut milk, tofu, soy sauce and sugar. Simmer for 15 minutes. Taste and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoon (30 grams) of curry paste, if desired.
- Add the basil, cilantro, lime juice and zest. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately over rice or noodles.
- Green curry paste may have varying degrees of spiciness depending on the brand. Start with 2 tablespoons (30 grams) of curry paste and add more to taste.