Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients for the grilled pineapple
- 42 g / 3 tbsp Mirage margarine, melted
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp honey
- 10 ml / 1 tsp olive oil
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 g / 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ripe pineapple, cut into 1/2 inch slices and cored
Ingredients for the caramel
- 110 g / 1/2 cup Mirage margarine
- 230 g / 1 cup light brown sugar
- 79 ml / 1/3 cup heavy cream
Directions for caramel
- In a saucepan, melt the Mirage margarine.
- Add brown sugar and heavy cream to the saucepan. Whisk constantly over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring your mixture to a boil. Only boil for 3 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Allow to cool. Store in refrigerator.
Directions for BBQ pineapple
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, olive oil, mirage margarine, lime juice, and cinnamon and whisk to blend. Place pineapple in the sauce and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- Heat BBQ to medium high and grill pineapple slices until dark, about 10 minutes on each side.