112 g / ½ cup Mirage Margarine, melted
1½ cup Ginger Snap Cookies, crushed
2 pkg Un-flavoured gelatine
125 ml / ½ cup Cold water
750 g / 3 cups Cream cheese, room temperature
225 g / 1 cup Granulated sugar
125 ml / ½ cup Lemon juice
5 g / 2 tsp Lemon zest
5 g / 2 tsp Fresh ginger, grated
250 ml / 1 cup 35% Cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- Mix the melted Mirage Margarine with the crushed ginger snap cookies. Firmly press into a solid layer on the bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Line the edges of the pan with 4-inch-wide strip of parchment paper. Place in the refrigerator to allow the cookie crust to set.
- Pour the cold water into a saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatine over the cold water. Let rest for 5 minutes to allow the gelatine to soften. Cook on low heat until the gelatine is dissolved.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and ginger in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Gradually mix in the gelatine and water mixture. Refrigerate for 5 minutes or until the mixture has thickened slightly.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours, or until the cake is set. Remove the outer ring of the pan, and the outer parchment ring before slicing and serving.
- Feel free to substitute other flavours of fruit and nuts into this recipe. Just maintain a consistent volume of liquid.