Oat bars are full of fiber, and these ones have a little lemon-ginger kick. Eat them as is on the go, or have them as a dressed up snack, topped with all-natural nut butters and preserves.
120 g / 1⁄2 cup Crystal Margarine, melted, plus extra for greasing the pan
100 g / 2 cups Rolled oats
50 g / 1 cup Oat flour (pulverize rolled oats in the blender until it resembles flour)
130 g / 1 cup Sunflower seeds
35 g / 1⁄4 cup Sesame seeds, toasted
250 ml / 1 cup Lemon juice
8 g / 1 tbsp Lemon zest
4 g / 1 tsp Ground ginger
Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F(190°C).
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients using a rubber spatula. The mixture should come together and be moist. If it looks a little dry, add another tablespoon of melted Crystal Margarine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease it with Crystal Margarine.
- Spread the dough out on the prepared baking sheet, being sure to fill the corners.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the centre no longer looks wet.
- Remove from the oven. Immediately cut into bars. Do not turn the squares out of the pan until fully cooled.
- Once cool, wrap each bar individually and store in a dry, room temperature place.