Cauliflower is filled with amazing health benefits, so we couldn’t help ourselves but roast the whole thing! Coated in a delicious mix of spices, this cauliflower is sure to impress anyone when it comes out of the oven. Cut it into wedges, and unlock the power of cauliflower tonight.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 57 g + 28 g / 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Crystal margarine, divided
- 42 g / 2 tbsp salted herb preserves
- 5 g / 1 tbsp lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 pcs / 2 tsp garlic cloves, minced
- 2 g / 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 608 g / 1 medium whole head cauliflower, leaves removed and stem cut
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- lemon slices
- green onions or chives
- Preheat oven to 400℉ (200℃). Place a 10 inch (25 centimetre) cast iron skillet into the oven, while the oven is preheating.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the 1/4 cup (57 g) Crystal margarine with the salted herb spread, lemon zest, garlic, and black pepper until thoroughly mixed.
- Rub the Crystal margarine mixture over the entire head of cauliflower, including the stem. Carefully pull the hot skillet out of the oven, and place the remaining 2 tablespoons (28 grams) of Crystal margarine into the pan to melt. Swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Place prepared head of cauliflower, stem down, onto the hot Crystal margarine. Carefully, with the aid of oven mitts, cover the cauliflower and skillet with a sheet of aluminum foil, sealing the edges to keep the steam in.
- Place into the preheated oven and roast for 45 minutes. Uncover and roast for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until browned and a knife easily pierces through the head.
- Take out of the oven and drizzle with fresh lemon juice. Garnish with lemon slices and sprinkle with green onions or chives. Cut into wedges; serve hot.
- Use limes in place of lemons for an exciting citrus twist!
- Salted herb preserves (herbes salées) can be found in most major Quebec and Eastern Canadian grocery stores.