Omelettes are the perfect way to use up odds and ends of leftover vegetables and cheeses. This recipe serves one.
60 g / 1⁄4 cup Crystal Margarine
45 g / 1⁄2 cup Button mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
20 g / 1 cup Spinach, roughly chopped
30 g / 2 tbsp Ricotta cheese
3 large Eggs
Salt and pepper
- In a large non-stick frying pan with a lid, melt 1⁄4 cup Crystal Margarine over medium heat.
- Into the hot margarine, add the sliced button mushrooms. Toss the mushrooms in the pan to evenly coat with margarine.
- Stir the mushrooms occasionally, allowing them to sit and brown, about 5-7 minutes. If you find they are browning too quickly, turn the heat down.
- While the mushrooms are browning, crack 3 eggs into a small bowl and lightly beat with a fork.
- Once the mushrooms are browned, turn the heat down to low, and pour the eggs into the centre of the pan. Swirl the pan until the eggs completely coat its surface.
- With a rubber spatula, begin pulling the cooked egg towards the centre of the pan, allowing raw egg to spill over onto the exposed pan. Continue this motion around the entire perimeter of the pan.
- Once the egg is almost done, season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle the ricotta and spinach around the centre of the omelette.
- Turn off the heat and fold the egg in half over the filling. Cover the pan. Leave the omelette to sit for 3 minutes.
- Remove the lid and gently transfer the omelette to a plate to enjoy.