With warmer weather upon us, it’s great to have a no bake cookie recipe at the ready. This no bake recipe is great for using up those last bits of cereal at the bottom of the box, or for turning your favourite morning cereal into a portable breakfast snack.
56g / ¼ cup Crystal margarine
400g / 1 bag Marshmallows, mini ones melt faster
250g / 6 cups Gluten-Free cereal, such as Chex
45 ml / 3 tbsp Vanilla greek style yogurt
90g / ¾ cup Dried Peaches, diced
35 g / ¼ cup Sunflower seeds, roasted
- In a large pot, melt the Crystal Margarine over medium heat.
- Add in the marshmallows and begin stirring until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Stir in the greek yogurt and mix just until combined.
- Pour the cereal, sunflower seeds and diced peaches into the melted marshmallow mixture, turn off the heat, and begin gently folding the cereal into the mixture until evenly coated.
- With a large spoon, quickly begin scooping portions of the cereal onto a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Now either let them cool on the baking sheet as dropped, or rub a little margarine onto your hands and begin shaping the cookies into any shape you prefer, balls or flat circles.
- Allow the cookies to rest for 4 hours before packing into an airtight container for storage in the fridge. This allows the marshmallows to reset and hold their shape.
- If you don’t need this recipe to be gluten-free, try substituting in any of your favourite cereals in place of the 6 cups of gluten free cereal.
- Can’t find dried peaches, or prefer another dried fruit? Try mixing things up by using dried currants, berries or raisins. You can usually find a wide variety of dried fruits at your local bulk food store.