These darling Pancake Bites are not only deliciously light and fluffy, but they’re fully customizable! While you’re making a batch of these for your family this weekend, you can include some of our favourite toppings: sprinkles, chocolate chips, raspberries, or banana chunks.
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 10 – 12 minutes
Yield: 44 pieces
- 188 g / 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 67 g / 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 7 g / 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 g / 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 g / 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 g / 1/4 tsp salt
- 240 ml / 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 43 g / 3 tbsp Mirage margarine, melted and slightly cooled
- 10 ml / 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- chocolate chips
- banana chunks
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Grease two mini muffin tins and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, melted Mirage margarine and vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until the dry ingredients are just moistened. There should be a few lumps scattered throughout the batter. Do not over mix or the pancakes will become tough.
- Using a spoon, fill each mini muffin well two thirds full with the mixture. Sprinkle each well with your choice of toppings: coloured sprinkles, chocolate chips, berries, and/or fruit. Place the filled tins into the preheated oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the bites have a rounded top and are lightly golden in colour.
- If buttermilk is unavailable, stir in a tablespoon (15 millilitres) of lemon juice or white vinegar into 1 cup (240 millilitres) of milk. Let stand for 5 minutes, and use as directed in the recipe.
- When using fruits or berries as toppings for your pancake bites, make sure that they are sliced small enough to into the tin.