Your favourite PB&J breakfast — in the form of a portable cookie. These cookies aren’t too sweet and are great on their own, or with a bit of extra jelly spread on top.
Makes: 8 large cookies or 12 mini cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking & Resting Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup Crystal margarine
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almonds, slivered
- 1/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cream together the applesauce, Crystal margarine, peanut butter, dark brown sugar, vanilla extract, and salt together with an electric hand mixer until fluffy.
- Fold in the remaining dry ingredients.
- Shape into cookies using a spoon or ideally a portion scoop.
- Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for 14-16 minutes, then let cool 10 minutes before removing from sheet.
- These cookies can be enjoyed on their own or with a dollop of your favourite jam.