There is nothing better than the classic pairing of chocolate and peanut butter. Except for peanut butter, chocolate and honey! This gluten-free treat, is perfect for pairing with your mid-morning coffee. Try keeping them in the freezer or fridge before serving, by cutting them into portions and wrapping them individually with plastic wrap.
225 g / 1 cup Crystal Margarine, melted
150 g / 3 cups Puffed rice cereal
220 g / 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
225 g / 1 cup Peanut butter (we prefer crunchy)
450 g / 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
55 g / 1 tbsp Crystal margarine
30 ml / 2 tbsp Honey
- In a medium bowl, mix together the Crystal margarine, rice cereal, confectioners’ sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended.
- Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 inch pan, that is lined with parchment or plastic wrap.
- In a metal bowl over simmering water, melt the chocolate chips with the Crystal margarine and honey, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Spread over the prepared peanut butter, crispy rice crust, making it nice and level. If you would like, garnish with some chopped and toasted peanuts.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares, bars or even triangles…
- If you love peanuts as much as we do, add a cup of chopped and roasted peanuts in with the rice cereal, for extra crunch.