Our plum upside down cake makes for a visually stunning, yet equally delicious and flavourful cake. Wonderfully juicy plums, paired with our Tried and True Vanilla Cake batter make for a perfect summer treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 32 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 105 g / 1/2 cup Mirage margarine
- 54 g / 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 608 g / 4 cups pitted plums, cut into eighths (approximately 8 plums)
- 1 recipe for Tried and True Vanilla Cake
- In a microwavable container, place the Mirage margarine with sugar and salt. Melt in the microwave for about 2 minutes until sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Toss the plums with the Mirage margarine, sugar, and salt mixture.
- In an 8-inch round pan lined with parchment paper, nicely arrange plums in a star pattern. Reserve any remaining mixture for drizzling over the cake when it’s done.
- Prepare 1 recipe of Tried and True Vanilla Cake. Pour the batter on top of the plums and cook in the oven for 30 minutes, rotating at the halfway point.
- Allow cake to cool completely before inverting onto a plate.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve with vanilla ice cream and honey.