Chorizo is a pork sausage with Spanish origins whose spicy taste goes wonderfully with fresh greens and bright juicy tomatoes. This dish is as delicious as it is colourful!
Makes: 4 portions
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 40 g / 3 tbsp Mirage margarine
- 1 chorizo sausage, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 medium white onion, sliced roughly
- 4 eggs
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- a handful of your favourite fresh herbs and greens such as thyme, chives, baby spinach, baby kale
- pepper to taste
- In a medium sized cast iron or frying pan with medium heat, saute the chorizo pieces in margarine until brown.
- Add onions to the pan and cook until soft.
- Crack 4 eggs into the pan and arrange the tomatoes around them.
- Turn the heat down to a minimum and put a lid on the pan.
- Remove from heat once eggs are cooked to your preference and add greens. Serve immediately and top with black pepper to taste.
- If you don’t like spicy chorizo, you can mix it with mild chorizo to adjust the taste.