Say goodbye to the boring boiled Brussels sprouts you dreaded as a kid. This recipe will convert even the biggest of Brussels sprout haters.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 500 g / 5 1/2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved and bottoms trimmed
- 100 g / 1/4 cup Crystal margarine, melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- 30 g / 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 80 g / 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
- small white onion, sliced
- 1 g / 1 tsp chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for cranberries. Toss to coat.
- On a lined baking sheet, lay Brussels sprouts evenly and roast in oven for 20 minutes until browned and caramelized. Rotate pan halfway through baking.
- Toss cranberries in the roasted Brussels sprouts and serve immediately.
- Don’t throw away the fallaway leaves of the Brussels sprouts. These little leaves provide tons of umami flavour once they crisp up and brown.