We can’t get enough of these green beans! Green beans are packed with so many important nutrients, and they’re also a great source of fibre for our diets. We roasted these ones in a delicious combination of sesame oil and ginger – it has powerful flavour, for one of our most favourite vegetables! Get more green beans into your life with Crystal margarine tonight.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 15 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 454 g / 1 lb green beans, washed, dried, ends trimmed
- 28 g / 2 tbsp Crystal margarine, melted
- 8 g / 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 g / 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 20 ml / 4 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 in / 1 tbsp ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 3 cloves / 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 5 m / 1 tsp tamari sauce
- 20 g / 2 tbsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 475℉ (245℃). Place a large baking sheet into the oven, while the oven is preheating.
- In a large bowl, toss the green beans with the melted Crystal margarine until well-coated.
Sprinkle the beans with salt and chili flakes. Toss again to ensure all the beans are properly seasoned.
- In a small bowl, or a measuring cup, whisk together the sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic and tamari sauce. Set aside.
- Carefully remove the hot baking sheet from the oven and line with parchment paper. Spread the beans in a single layer onto the hot sheet. Place into the preheated oven and bake;10 minutes.
- Remove beans from the oven and drizzle the dressing overtop the beans. Shake pan to evenly distribute. Place baking sheet back into the oven. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until beans are roasted in a few areas and are beginning to shrivel.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
- Ensure beans are in a single layer to create crisp roasted beans – this prevents the beans from steaming.
- If desired, omit chili flakes.