Cook Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 800 g / approximately four large pieces salmon fillet
- 120 ml / 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 80 ml / 1/3 cup raw honey
- 120 ml / 1/2 cup water
- 15 ml / 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 10 g / 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 7 g / 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 55 g / 1/4 cup Mirage margarine
- 300 g / 3 cups steamed broccoli (about one head, chopped)
- 500 g / 3 cups steamed cooked rice
- 19 g / 2 tbsp sesame seeds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- In a small saucepan combine soy sauce, honey, water, sesame oil, Sriracha sauce, and ginger. Heat over medium-low heat stirring constantly until the honey dissolves, about 3 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and Mirage margarine in a small bowl and add it to the glaze. Stir well to combine.
- Increase to medium-high heat. Cook the sauce, stirring constantly until thickened, about 2 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Slice fish into four portions and put onto a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Spoon the sauce all over the top of the fish and bake at 350ºF (180ºC) for 20 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet halfway through cooking.
- Feel free to use your favourite type of fish for this recipe. This glaze also goes well with white fish or tuna.