Cure all of your chocolate cravings with a triple chocolate scone. There’s cocoa in the batter, and dark and white chocolate chips folded in.
Makes: 8 scones
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 160 ml / 2/3 cup 35% cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 5 ml / 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 215 g / 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 30 g / 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 100g / 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 5 g / 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 g / 1/4 tsp salt
- 75 g / 1/3 cup cold Crystal margarine, cut into small pieces
- 100 g / 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 100 g / 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a bowl whisk together cream, egg, and vanilla extract.
- In a second bowl, whisk together flour, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using two knives, cut the Crystal margarine into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the cream mixture and stir until a dough comes together. Transfer to a floured surface and knead a few times. Shape dough into a 7” round. Cut into eight wedges.
- Place on lined baking sheet. Brush the tops of the scones with a little cream. Bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a scone comes out clean. Cool slightly before serving.
- Sprinkle a little turbinado sugar on the tops of the scones before serving.