Looking for a great meal on a busy weeknight? This Tuscan White Bean Linguine has everything you’ve been craving after a long day: protein, vegetables and carbohydrates!Even when you’re in a rush, you still have time to treat your body well!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 12 g / 2 tsp salt
- 1 bunch rapini (about 454g / 1 lb), washed and tough ends trimmed
- 42 g / 3 tbsp Crystal margarine, divided
- 105 g / 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 15 g / 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 g / 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 g / 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 400 g / 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 can / 19 oz white beans, drained and rinsed
- 100 g / 2/3 cup whole green olives
- 80 ml / 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 340 g / 12 oz dried linguine
- parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper to garnish (optional)
- Fill a large pot with about 4 litres (16 cups) of cold water. Add salt and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile, separate the rapini leaves from the stems. Chop the stems and leaves into roughly 1 inch (2.5 centimetre) pieces.
- Have a large bowl of ice water ready. Add the rapini to the boiling water and cook for 1 minute. Remove from water, using a sieve or large slotted spoon (hot water may be saved to cook pasta), and transfer to the ice bath. Once cooled, drain well and set aside.
- Fill the pot back up to 4 litres (16 cups) of water and bring back to a boil.
- Melt 2 tablespoons (28 grams) of Crystal margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, rosemary and chili flakes and sautée for 3 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes and sautée, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and add the beans, olives and stock. Simmer for 8 minutes. Add the drained rapini and simmer 3 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta until al dente according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup (120 millilitres) of the pasta water. Add the pasta, pasta water and remaining tablespoon (14 grams) of Crystal margarine the skillet. Toss pasta with the sauce and simmer 1 minute. Serve immediately garnished with freshly ground pepper and parmesan cheese.