Add some colour to your life. These cupcakes are fun to make, scrumptious to eat, and visually appealing to the eye. Recommended for all ages!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: For cupcakes, 18-20 minutes
Yield: 12 cupcakes
- 454 g / 2 cups Mirage margarine, at room temperature
- 1 kg / 4 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 15 g / 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp 35% cream
- 1 recipe for Tried and True Vanilla Cake
- Prepare the cupcakes as per the recipe and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream the Mirage margarine on high speed with an electric mixer for 3 minutes, until smooth and ﬂuffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl several times with a rubber spatula.
- Add the vanilla extract. Mix on low speed until the extract is just combined with the Mirage margarine.
- Add 1 cup of the icing sugar to the creamed Mirage margarine, and mix on low speed just until incorporated.
- Continue adding the icing sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add cream and mix well.
- Divide mixture into 3 (or up to 5 depending on how many colours you want to use) and respectively add a few of your favourite rainbow colours. We used fuschia, violet, turquoise, and yellow.
- Divide between three small zippable freezer bags and distribute to a point in the bag. Carefully cut tips of bags and put into an extra large zippable freezer bag.
- Pipe directly onto pre-baked cupcakes (Tried and True Vanilla Cake) in a circular motion working in a circular motion from the outside in.
- At most bulk food stores you can find edible sparkly sprinkles which will look extra “magical” on your cupcakes.