Whether it’s being dipped in fruit, used to make truffles, or as a glaze for Our Tried and True Vanilla Cake, having a ganache that you can easily put together and use is essential in your culinary repertoire.
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Yield: about 1 1/2 cups (360 ml)
- 340 g / 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 240 ml / 1 cup heavy cream
- 19 g / 4 tsp Mirage margarine
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- In a heat-safe bowl, place the dark chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a small heavy-bottomed pot, heat cream on medium heat until it just begins to simmer. Take off heat and pour over the chocolate. Let sit for about 1 minute before stirring. With a rubber spatula slowly stir from the centre outwards. When the chocolate and cream are almost fully combined, add the Mirage margarine and vanilla extract. Stir until Mirage margarine is fully incorporated into the chocolate, and the ganache is shiny and smooth.
- Slightly cool the ganache; about 5 minutes. Pour the ganache over the completely cooled vanilla cake. Allow the ganache to naturally flow down the sides. Serve while ganache is still warm, or place cake into the fridge for about 10 minutes to allow the ganache to set.
- Store cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Leftover ganache can be used as a dip for fruits and berries. If placed into the fridge for an hour or two, ganache can also be scooped and rolled into truffles.
- Substitute the vanilla extract with pure almond or orange extract, or any other desired liqueur, in order to change the flavour profile.